The demand for electrical systems that run independent of the grid is bigger than ever. Consider the following scenarios:
- Increasing numbers of homeowners are installing solar arrays to partially power their homes.
- Some folks have cabins or other remote structures that are too far from established municipalities to connect to an existing power infrastructure, meaning that they have to be entirely powered by solar electricity during the day and battery power at night.
- Some commercial structures, such as telecommunications towers or railway control rooms, are required to have battery backup systems.
What do each of these examples have in common? All of these structures will run partially or entirely from DC power. The problem is that the overwhelming majority of lighting systems in use today are AC powered, making them incompatible with an off-grid system.
LED Lighting for Off-Grid Systems
This fundamental need for DC-compatible lighting is the inspiration behind DCLightingWarehouse.com. We specialize in T8 DC LED lights. This means that they’ll work in conventional fluorescent light fixtures and will also be compatible with DC power, making them suitable for off-grid power systems and battery backup systems.
In addition, our T8 LED DC bulbs have several features that make them a great choice for a range of residential and industrial applications:
- 100% glass free for increased safety
- Polycarbonate lens diffusers are built in for improved heat dissipation
- Reinforced aluminum housings offer higher strength and rigidity compared to other bulbs
- Available in 12V and 48V configurations
Contact us today to learn more.